Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Part 1


Some of my favorite lines and beyond:

 

The world had been sad since Tuesday.”   A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings:  A Tale for Children  Gabriel Garcia Marquez

 

and I eat men like air  Sylvia Plath

 

“I could hear everyone’s heart” What we Talk about When We Talk about Love Raymond Carver

 

They flee from me that one time did me seek  Sir Thomas Wyatt  Also the line "How like you this?

 



 

The grave’s a fine and private place  Andrew Marvell  and then what Diane Ackerman does with the lines in her poem “A Fine, A Private Place”

 

i found them there

rubbing against the leaves

so that the nubs of their

wings were flush under their skin     report from the angel of eden   Lucille Clifton

 


 


my heart broke loose on the wind  “Poetry” Neruda

 



and the child draws another inscrutable house   “Sestina” Elizabeth Bishop
 (pretty bold of her, don’t you think, to title this just Sestina?)




"And this... is your opinion of me!"   Darcy from Pride and Prejudice  Jane Austen















No comments:

Post a Comment

Memorize More!

 Image of the Day: Birds in my backyard, scrambling in the rain for seed.  Happy Holidays! I have a poem here at One Art, Hiking Cadillac Mo...