Saturday, June 1, 2019

Have the Sunshine

Image of the day:  The creamy blossoms of my Asian Dogwood Tree lit up in sunshine.

It's so nice to have the sunshine after this miserable Spring of rain.  But the sun's here now, baby!  We had a special visitor to our suet feeder today in said dogwood tree--a pileated woodpecker!  It was the size of a small hawk and had a very pointy red head.  Gorgeous!  I'm going to try and keep that suet feeder full all the time because we get such interesting birds:  the pileated woodpecker, Baltimore Orioles, a rose breasted grosbeak. So many birds in their gorgeous colors!

I have a poem here in the fabulous Redheaded Stepchild Magazine.  You should definitely peek at all the other poems in there because there are some that pack quite a punch.  I've joined yet another write every day group and I'm trying to write in a series about my uterus.  We'll see how that goes. I haven't been writing or reading much poetry at all so I need to get back to it.  I've got Martha Silano's Gravity Assist right now which is awesome.  I need to get to a good library.



The God That Shares My Body 
        For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you.
        Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning.
        Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that
                quiver in the sun,
        So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth .

we've become a split
in the sky & the earth

        doesn't drink of our blood
        today, only our fresh

water. only joy that is deeper than
us, only small rivers

        of gospel cutting themselves
        into the ground after a storm


From Verse Daily

2 comments:

Memorize More!

 Image of the Day: Birds in my backyard, scrambling in the rain for seed.  Happy Holidays! I have a poem here at One Art, Hiking Cadillac Mo...