Sunday, November 5, 2023

Getting Back

Image of the Day: A tired fly, buzzing against the screen of my skylight. 

So I'm finally writing again, after taking almost a year off. I retired two or so years ago as my college got acquired by another college and my department was desolved. I've tried getting a few other jobs, but nada. I think that time took a toll on my creativity. But, last month I  joined another write a poem everyday group and found a topic to explore. So I'm happy. Still trying to write more poems about Acadia National Park, which is my theme in these poems. My family stayed there in October and apparently, it made an impression on me. 

Also, I created a website through Weebly, but have had such a hard time getting back into the desktop to revise it, I thought I'd post my poems here, so at least they're visible on-line. I think I'll stay with Weebly for the year, and then create another website. Ugh. I'm also creating a monthly planner wherein I keep track of what journals open throughout the year and when they close. It's really hard to keep track of that, so I thought creating my own would be helpful. Many places open in September; November, not so much. Or at least journals I'm familiar with. 

And speaking of poems, my poem, "Self-Portrait as Chihuly Glass Flower" is at Up the Staircase Quarterly.  Check out the art of Koss in that issue. Really gorgeous. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Memorize More!

 Image of the Day: Birds in my backyard, scrambling in the rain for seed.  Happy Holidays! I have a poem here at One Art, Hiking Cadillac Mo...