Monday, November 6, 2023

Different, Somehow

 Image of the Day: Juncoes flitting in the fir trees.


Yep, the juncoes are back. I'm both glad and sighing, because that means winter is coming. And I don't know what has happened to the chickadees in my neighborhood--I haven't seen any! The bird population seems different, somehow. 

I have officially forty submissions out for review! That is a lot for me and means getting to 100 rejections next year might be pretty easy. But many of those are for my manuscript, An Accidental Species, that I keep throwing out there. I submat to a new journal today, Big Wing Review, and to another place SoFloPoJo, where I've sent before with no luck, although the rejections are very nice. 

I did get an acceptance to Potomac Review--yay! I will post here when available. Yesterday I was able to continue writing a poem of my Acadia National Park series, but today, no. I'm still trying to write as many as possible to create a chapbook. It would be nice to get something like that together and send out. 

Here's a poem of mine up at Inscape Journal. Hope you enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Memorize More!

 Image of the Day: Birds in my backyard, scrambling in the rain for seed.  Happy Holidays! I have a poem here at One Art, Hiking Cadillac Mo...