Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Art The Poetry The Women

Today on my walk/run/thingy I had the path all to myself...well, almost.  It was rainy and then snowy and I had to put my cramp-ons on then take them off then put them on again.  But it was lovely and the path almost almost has one clear strip the whole way up.  On my way up the path, I noticed these strange markings--a three pronged imprint that I thought at first must be somebody's strange ski-pole, but then thought--turkeys.  And sure enough, on my way back, right near the pond, was Mr. Tom and his three mates.  One was this amazing white female turkey with brown streaks down her breast.  I was nervous about having to pass them, since he kept puffing himself all out and looking at me...but I climbed over the fence and made as little noise as possible and kept my head down.  It worked and he let me pass by without hissing or chasing me.  So that was exciting!  They were truly gorgeous.

So I may not be heading to AWP until Friday, if the weather does what they threaten it's going to.  That's okay.  I will be at the Stonecoast Table from 11:30 till 12:30 if anybody wants to stop by and say hello.
I am still hoping to go in Thursday after work, but if my son's school gets canceled--my Thursday gets canceled as well.  I'm sure there will be plenty of AWP on Friday and Saturday though and will let you know what I see and hear and buy!

You should check out this gorgeous feature at Escape Into Life here in honor of Women's History Month.  The art the poetry the women are all just fabulous. 



2 comments:

  1. Ah, thank you for this! Also, I love that you are seeing turkeys and I am seeing peacocks. Just more Random Coinciday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a fabulous feature you've put together!!! Thank YOU!!!

      Delete

Memorize More!

 Image of the Day: Birds in my backyard, scrambling in the rain for seed.  Happy Holidays! I have a poem here at One Art, Hiking Cadillac Mo...